Location & Hours
The Consulate is open for business Monday to Friday, except on American and Canadian holidays.
The American Citizen Services and Consular Sections will be closed to the public on the third Thursday of each month beginning on January 24, 2013
Hours Open to the Public
- American Citizen Services: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon.
- Non-immigrant Visa Applications: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
NOTE: Visa applications and all non-emergency services for American citizens are accepted by appointment only. You must make an appointment before coming to the Consulate.
To make an appointment for an American Citizen or Notarial Services visit American Citizen Services scheduling system.
- For information on obtaining U.S. passports, citizenship, please visit Citizen Services section of the Embassy website.
To make an appointment for your nonimmigrant visa application visit the U.S. Visa Service. You may also call 403-800-1194 (from Calgary); or (703) 439-2319 (from elsewhere in Canada and the United States).
- For information about visas (including immigrant and non-immigrant) the visa application and interview process visit the Visa Section of the Embassy website.
Emergencies Involving U.S. Citizens
- For emergencies involving the death or serious injury of a U.S. citizen that occur outside of regular Consulate business hours call 403-266-8962 ext. 0.
U.S. Consulate General
615 MacLeod Trail S.E.
Rocky Mountain Plaza Building
Consulate Access: All visitors must identify themselves to a security guard in the main-floor lobby of the Rocky Mountain Plaza Building in order to gain access to the Consulate. Please bring valid picture ID with you.
Please note the following persons may accompany a visa applicant during Consular-related visits:
- Interpreter: Applicants may bring ONE interpreter if they do not speak English well enough to participate in an interview.
- Special Needs Visitors: Applicants may bring ONE person to help if they are elderly, disabled, or if the applicant is a minor child applying for a visa.
- Attorney: Attorneys will NOT be permitted to accompany clients into the waiting room or at their interviews.
- U.S. Citizens: One American citizen may accompany an applicant.
Due to waiting room size, the large volume of applicants and the time required to screen consular clients, other accompanying persons cannot be admitted to the waiting room. Drivers, friends, extra relatives must wait outside or return to meet the applicant after the interview has been completed.